Background Color:
 
Background Pattern:
Reset
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Logo

TURISTIČKA ZAJEDNICA GRADA KUTINE | +385 (0)44 681 004, e-mail: info@turizam-kutina.hr

Menu
About Kutina and Moslavina

Moslavina - a complete surprise!

Moslavina is a micro region in central Croatia with a population of about 100,000 inhabitants. This diverse region, which on the one hand includes industry, crafts and economy and on the other offers beautiful environment that will leave few people indifferent. There are many attractions located in this region, from natural beauty of Lonjsko Polje Nature Park and Moslavina Mountain Regional Park, archaeological sites and religious heritage to numerous cultural events.

 

Kutina - embraced by Lonjsko Polje and wine-growing hills.

The largest center of Moslavina is Kutina, which will pleasantly surprise every visitor. With its modern image, Kutina also tells the story of the past: from ancient findings in the area of Lipa, traditional architecture of Crkvena and Radićeva Street, exhibits in the Moslavina Museum and the Gallery, with inevitable pearl of church architecture - the Church of St. Mary of Snow from the 18th century. One should not forget gastronomy with its specialty carp on wooden fork baked over a fire and indigenous Moslavina wine Škrlet.

The varied cultural offer, traditional specialties, quality wines, vicinity of major roads and the capital Zagreb, all of which guarantees a good time in Moslavina, the destination (which visitors from the country and the world) are which domestic and foreign visitors are just starting to discover and which is a complete surprise!

BASIC INFORMATION:

Kutina is located in the central part of Croatia, 70 km from Zagreb and it is part of the Sisak-Moslavina County. There are 23 settlements in an area of 294.34 square kilometers.

22,816 residents inhabit the area of the Town of Kutina.

Climate: continental

S(The) Average annual temperature: 11.2° C

(The) Average number of (hours of sunshine) sunshine hours: 2,000 hours

(The) Warmest month: July (average summer temperature: 20.7° C)

(The) Coldest month: January (average winter temperature: 1.1° C)

Time zone: Central European Time Zone (GMT + 1)

Power supply: 220 V, 50 Hz

Water: Tap water is safe to drink.

Payment: All invoices are paid in Croatian kuna. Foreign currency can be exchanged in exchange offices, banks, post offices, hotels and special exchange offices.

Credit cards are accepted in almost all stores and ATMs.

HISTORY

The name Kutina was mentioned for the first time on 10 November 1258 in the charter of Hungarian-Croatian king Bela IV under the name KOTYNNAM. As a settlement, a market town and the center of nahiya, Kutina is mentioned in the writings from 13th to 16th centuries under the names: Kotenna, Kothennya, Kotena, Kutinovac and other. The most powerful landlords of Kutina nobility were: Ruhovići (Roh de Decse), Večerinović and Vukoslavić, and from 1505 on Toma Bakocs, who changed his name to Erdödy in 1511. In 1780, the Hungarian family of counts Sečen (Szesen de Temerin) appeared. They were the successors of a part of Kutina nobility and related to Erdödy family. After 1848, when serfdom was abolished, other owners of the Kutina estate emerged, among which (are mentioned) Johan Grisul Tolstoy and in early 20th century Slavko Bettlheim, Ignac (Vatroslav) Steiner as well as the Ausch brothers.

It was during 19th century that Kutina became an important trade and craft center as it was confirmed by a special charter on March 3, 1837.

Kutina was developed on the slopes of the Moslavina hills from where it descends southwards through the valley of the Kutinica River. It is marked by predominantly low housing construction, both historically from the turn of the century (as well as the one) and that from the second half of 20th century. In 1886, a fire of devastating proportions broke out in the market square in Kutina. Given the large number of wooden houses, most of them perished. In reconstruction new city houses were built that now make up the historical center of Kutina.

Source: Slavica Moslavac, director of the Moslavina Museum