The tasks of the Tourist Board of the municipality or city
The tasks of the tourist board of the municipality or city are the following:
1. promoting tourist destinations in the municipality or city independently or via joint advertising,
2. managing the public tourist infrastructure given to management by the municipality or city,
3. participation in defining the objectives and policies of tourism development at the level of the municipality or city,
4. participation in the creation of conditions for effective coordination of public and private sector,
5. stimulating optimization and balancing economic, social and environmental benefits,
6. developing strategic and development plans for tourism at the level of the municipality or city,
7. encouraging and participating in urban design of the city in order to improve the conditions for tourists besides the construction of municipal infrastructure,
8. regularly, but at least every 4 months, collecting and updating data on the tourist industry, accommodation and catering facilities (cultural, sporting and other events) working hours of medical institutions, banks, post offices, shops, etc., and other information tourists need,
9. publishing promotional materials
10. carrying out informational activities related to tourism offer,
11. promotion and organization of cultural, entertainment, art, sports and other events that contribute to the enrichment of the tourist offer,
12. coordination of actions of all entities that are directly or indirectly involved in the tourist trade with the purpose of establishing, defining and implementing development policies for tourism and enrichment of the tourist offer,
13. encouraging, organizing and implementing actions to preserve tourist area, improving the tourist environment and protection of the environment and natural and cultural heritage,
14. stimulation, enhancement and promotion of specific natural and social values that make the municipality or city tourist-recognizable and creating conditions for their economic use,
15. managing the single list of tourists in the municipality or city, especially in order to control the collection of tourist tax and professional data processing,
16. daily gathering, weekly and monthly processing of data on tourist traffic in the municipality or city,
17. checking and collecting the data on registration and cancellation of stay of tourists in order to cooperate with the inspection authorities in control of the calculation, charging and payment of tax, as well as checking in and out of tourists.
18. encouraging and participating in the activities of education of the population on environmental protection, conservation and enhancement of natural and social values of the area in order to develop awareness of the importance and impact of tourism and its members, or their employees in order to raise the quality of services,
19. organization, implementation and supervision of all activities of promotion of tourist product of the municipality or city in accordance with the guidelines of the Tourist Board Assembly, the annual program and financial plan of the Tourist Board of the municipality or city,
20. forming a unified tourist information system, the system of registration and cancellation of tourists and statistical analysis,
21. performing other duties prescribed by this Act or other regulations.
(2) Tourist Board of the municipality or city participates in the implementation of programs and actions of the County Tourist Board that are of mutual interest for all subjects involved in the county.
(3) Tourist Board of the municipality or city may, according to a special decision of the Tourism Council of the Croatian Tourist Board, be a member of international tourism organizations.